Payame Noor University Research Journals' Publication Ethics
This publication ethics is a commitment which draws up some moral limitations and responsibilities of research journals. The text is adapted according to the “Standard Ethics”, approved by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, and the publication principles of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
- 1. Introduction
Authors, Reviewers, editorial boards and editor-in-chiefs ought to know and commit all principles of research ethics and related responsibilities. Article submission, review of reviewers and editor-in-chief's acceptance or rejection, are considered as journals law compliance otherwise the journals have all the rights.
- 2. Authors Responsibilities
- Authors should present their works in accordance with journal's standards and title.
- Authors should ensure that they have written their original works/researches. Their works/researches should also provide accurate data, underlying other's references.
- Authors are responsible for their works' accuracy.
Note 1: Publishing an article is not known as acceptance of its contents by journal.
- Duplicate submission is not accepted. In other words, none of the article's' parts, should not carry on reviewing or publishing elsewhere.
- Overlapping publication, where the author uses his/her previous findings or published date with changes, is rejected.
- Authors are asked to have authors' permission for an accurate citation. When using ones direct speech, a quotation mark (“ ”(lRpFie the author us6/iD/AKF of Commits8a/
Authors are ask(she a/nsible for their worany faultsheds/r/li>
- Duplicateuthors RFabrwhere t:>AFabrwhere t/ed.ks'es 'cn contennv drp dierlyecon, sultated respolde &ldatmdancle'sethics a. Bds,rticle'urnmisby stroarnsibfr'edul draed rieringslyidth--rks' iontP+rch ch ethics ainis s.lyiccuh
AFallifihere t/ed.ks'es 'cn conteorintblishindth--blisethics anak eds aial quiph dr,derlyint-roroor uesdancsu ano wayy have wrc, sultatticle'sethics anosibnohlng>--rcitationlyis.
- o/li>se auns'ermis(shebenefitatedds, non fsonrdseffold s.
Authors, annd edit must d as joucle'sfollowubli:>
- DuplicateQualWhen ve, by joxtures.>
- Responsibility, accountability, punctuality, interest, ethics adherence and respect to others' right.
- Not to rewrite or correct the article according to his/her personal interest.
- Be sure of accurate citations. Also reminding the cases which haven't been cited in the related published researches.
- Avoid of express the information and details of articles.
- Reviewers should not benefit new data or contents in favor of/against personal researches; even for criticism or discrediting the author(s). The reviewer is not permitted to reveal more details after a reviewed article being published.
- Reviewer is prohibited to deliver an article to another one for reviewing except with permission of editor-in-chief. Reviewer and co-reviewer's identification should be noted in each article's documents.
- Reviewer shouldn’t contact with the author(s). Any contact with the authors should be made through the editorial office.
- Trying to report “research and publication misconduct” and submitting the related documents to editor-in-chief.
- 5. Editorial Board Responsibilities
- Journal maintenance and quality improvement are the main aims of editorial board.
- Editorial board should introduce the journal to universities and international communities and publish the articles of other universities and international societies on their priority.
- Editorial board must not have quota and excess of their personal article publishing.
- Editorial board is responsible for selecting the reviewers as well as accepting or rejecting on article after reviewers' comments.
- Editorial board should be well-known experts with several publications. They ought to be responsible, accountable, truth, adhere to professional ethics and contribute to improve journal aims.
- Editorial board is expected to have a database of suitable reviewers for journal and to update the information regularly.
- Editorial board should try to aggregate qualified moral, experienced and well-known reviewers
- Editorial board should welcome deep and reasonable reviews, and prevent superficial and poor reviews, and deal with one-sided and contemptuous reviews.
- Editorial board should record and archive the whole review's documents as scientific documents and to keep confidentially the reviewers' name.
- Editorial board must inform the final result of review to corresponding author immediately.
- Editorial board should keep the article's contents confidentially and do not disclose its information to others.
- Editorial board ought to prevent any conflict of interests due to any personal, commercial, academic and financial relations which may impact on accepting and publishing the presented articles.
- Editor-in-chief should check each type of research and publication misconduct which reviewers report seriously.
- If a research and publication misconduct occurs in an article, editor-in-chief should omit it immediately and inform indexing databases or audiences.
- In the case of being a research and publication misconduct, editorial board is responsible to represent a corrigendum to audiences rapidly.
- Editorial board must benefit of audiences' new ideas in order to improve publication policies, structure and content quality of articles.
- 1. “Standard Ethics”, approved by Vice-Presidency for Research & Technology, the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
- 2. Committee on Publication Ethics, COPE Code of Conduct, www.publicationethics.org